torsdag 27 november 2008

What I use!


Hello Everybody!

People keep asking me (Filip, Flippad, Ljungberg) what kind of video editing program I use and what type of computer I work with.

I just bought a new computer. If you’re as nerdy as I am and wants to now all the dirty details, check this out:

2 * Kingston ValueR. DDR2 PC6400 4096MB CL5,
Kit w/two matched ValueRAM 2048MB DDR2 1.00 334490 Komplett Gamer i05

Cooler Master Centurion 534 Svart,
Aluminium Front (utan nätagg)

MSI P7N SLI-FI, nForce-750i SLI, ATX,
Socket-775, DDR2, Firew, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)16

Intel Core? 2 Quad Q8200 2,33GHz,
Socket 775, 4MB, 1333MHz, Boxed w/Fan

Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-5200A,
DVD+R/+RW/DVD-R/-RW, OEM, IDE, Black

USB2 multikortläsare 3.5" svart för
CF I/II,SM,MMC/SD/microSD,MS,xD (bulk)

Fortron Source Blue Storm II 500W,Active
PFC, 4xSATA, ATX, 2xPCI-E, 20/24pin

Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB SATA2,
16MB 7200RPM 1.00

XFX GeForce 9800GT 670M 512MB XXX GDDR3,
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDCP, 670/1950MHz

The question that is always asked is whether you should use PC or Mac. I believe it’s different from person to person. Either you like to work with PC or you prefer Mac, as simple as that. I’m definitlly a PC guy despite the fact that Mac, and let’s face it, gives you less problems. However I’ve become very attached to my computer and can get my work done faster and more effective on that one.

The reason for my extra ram memory is simple; I use a lot of programs that requires it and the same as for the processor. Many program however doesn’t support quad processor today but I believe it will in the future so I figured I might as well take it now.




When it comes to editing programs there are 4 populare ones:
• Viva
• Final Cut ( Mac)
• Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro
• Adobe Premier

I use Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 C. The program is very easy to use and powerful as well! You can really enter deeply into the program and make the movies look almost professional. The “drop and drag” function in Vegas is extremely good and the program can also handle almost every format in the time line. If you’ve got a movie from you phone, Quicktime, Mpeg etc. you easily just drop it right in there!

Here’s a good link for beginners:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRD-DrWy1Ac

Inga kommentarer: